Saxion Library closed from December 17 2020 –February 9 2021
- Our library branches are closed for studying purposes. It is no longer possible tot borrow or return your books.
- Our online support will continue.
- Return and pick up your books at the central Saxion reception desk in Deventer and Enschede. Order your books via our catalog: search.saxionbibliotheek.nl and wait for our email to inform you that your book is waiting for you.
- The online resources from Saxion Library can be used via search.saxionbibliotheek.nl
- Should you have questions or do you need assistance? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All of your borrowed library books are automatically set for due date March 1.
Wishing everybody all the best during this new lockdown. Take care and we hope to see you on February 10 in the new year.
Dear students and colleagues,
a bizar year is behind us. Corona has taken over our lives.
But there is always hope for better times.
Let’s keep looking forward and carry on in 2021!
Let us know what you need to reach your goals and Saxion Library will support you.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2021.
Stay healthy and take care for each other just like Simon’s cat in this Christmas Special!
Enjoy watching the videoclip!
See you next year! Saxion Library is ready for you!
Good news! Searching for information at Saxion Library just got a lot easier. Like using Google, you can now search through almost the entire collection of books, journals and online resources all at once, by entering just a single search term.
What has changed?
Previously, the library’s catalog and the online databases were all separate resources. A thorough search meant you needed to access a wide range of different databases. Now we have combined all those databases into a single service, called a Discovery service. The Discovery service is now the default setting on both the library website and the catalog.
All databases? Well, almost
We have only included the databases that contain so-called bibliographical information, meaning books, journals, research papers, theses etcetera. You still need to search for some kinds of information separately, like for instance statistical or financial data, chemical formulas, technical construction specs. But we got most of it covered!
Of course, all database can still be accessed individually. This can be helpful if you require a more specialized way of searching. Each database offers its own set of search options that go just a bit further than a more generalized Discovery service can. Again, just like Google.
Want even more useful tools?
Give LEAN Library a try. This plugin connects your browser to Saxion Library, offering you instant access to all library resources. How does it work? Whenever you come across a book or article that is restricted, LEAN Library checks if it is available in any of the databases and if so, it alerts you by means of a pop-up. The pop-up also includes a direct link to the database via Saxions off-campus access tool. LEAN Library works on webshops such as Amazon or Bol.com as well.
Over 2,000 Saxion students are already using this tool. Download it from our website.
For more information or support, please contact us via email@example.com
The library branches in Deventer and Enschede are open Monday to Thursday, from 08:30 – 19:00 h. Friday from 08:30 – 17:00 h.
- If you want to return your books, put them in the special box in the library. We will check in the books at a later time (you don’t have to pay any fine).
- If you want to borrow books, you can pick them up from the bookshelf yourself and take them to the lending desk for registration, just like you are used to.
- Throughout the library there is the rule that you keep a meter and a half away from others: on the walking routes, by the bookcases and at the study places.
- Would you like to come studying? That’s possible! But not the way you are used to: at the study places there is a maximum of one person per table. Only tables equipped with a chair can be used. Working in a group is not possible until further notice. The spots in the lounge with the benches may also only be used by one person. Pay attention to the marking!
- There are specifically designated areas with study places/study cells for students with special study needs. These areas can only be used with the dean’s permission. Do you have permission? If so, please contact the library desk. The librarian will explain to you which study place/study cell you can use.
- The online services of the library continue as usual.
- Questions about research support can be mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With all your library questions you can turn to email@example.com.
Always check the library website for the latest news and opening hours during the vacations.
Welcome on the new website of the Saxion Library. Our new site is easy to access. You’ll find all our services at a glance. For example: Thesis Support, advice on Copyright, workshops and all that we do to support our researchers. It’s there!
Find your way to our library catalog and our databases or use our LibGuides in which we offer you relevant resources on popular subjects. Of course we’re still here to help you.
Please refer to our contact page to see how to get in touch: at our information desk in the library, online or by calling us.
Please take notice of the following rules and facts:
- Our library branches in Deventer and Enschede are open from Mondays until Fridays, between 9.00 and 17.00.
- It is possible to borrow and return books. When returning your books, please put them in the special return box in the library.
- If your books are overdue, due to the library being closed during the past months, you don’t have to pay an overdue fee.
- It might take longer to get your requested books from the other library branch, as we have two transport deliveries every week, not on a daily basis.
- While using the library, please keep a 1,5 metres distance to others in every situation: on every route, near our bookcases and in the study zone.
- You are allowed to take your books from the shelf and bring them to the information desk, just like before.
- Tables with a chair are available for use by one person-only.
- Students with learning disabilities are welcome to use our special concentration rooms, if they have permission from their dean. Please refer to the library desk to receive instructions from our staff.
- For Research Support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general questions and library support, please send an email to email@example.com
- Our online services and resources are available on saxionbibliotheek.nl. Please refer to this website for the latest news.